Tuesday 24 April 2012

Chatswood - Takeru

I think this restaurant is one of my favourite Japanese restaurants in Sydney. I one I usually go to is on Sussex Street near Townhall because I live really close to there. The one I went to today though was the one in Chatswood. 


After a long long day of studying, we were extremely hungry so we wanted to eat at a place where we didn't have to wait that long and the wait for the food was quick. I decided on Takeru, because they had alot of food to choose from. 


The food at Chatswood is exactly the same as the ones in Townhall. However, the way of ordering is totally different. In Townhall the waiters and waitresses would go to your tables to take your orders like the traditional way; whereas in Chatswood there are touch-screen electronic menus at each table. The good thing about this is that you don't have to wait to get served. 


Another special thing about this restaurant is the ability to order half-dishes. Half-dishes are basically half the size the of a normal serving. For example, if you cannot choose between eating a shio ramen or a curry rice, you can order both their half-dishes. Isn't that smart??


Today, we were extremely hungry so I ordered a Shio Butter Corn Ramen and my friend ordered a Chicken Namban set meal. In addition, we ordered a Mentai Scallop Pizza to share.



Within ten minutes of ordering it on the electronic menu, the Mentai Scallop Pizza came first. This was my first time eating. The pizza was quite thin, and had Mentai and scallops scattered all over it with melted cheese on top. We had two slices each and it was extremely filling because of the huge amount of cheese. I think it is best if shared between four people.  






My friend's Chicken Namban set meal came next. I always had the Chicken Namban cold ramen so I knew how tasty they were. The chicken is fried and topped with a special creamy and shallots.  The crisp sliced lettuce salad was compliented with a brown slightly tangy sauce. The set meal came with an additional small vegetable salad which tasted a bit bland; Miso Soup and rice.


My Shio Butter Corn Ramen was last to come and was extremely tasty, especially the soup base with melted butter. The ramen was cooked nicely and topped with half an egg, two slices of roast pork, corn, shredded fungi and shallots.

Since I always eat at this restaurant, I would definately come back and recommend this to my other friends. The restaurant in Chatswood is more spacious than the one in Townhall, and has less people. If you had a large group of people, I suggest eating at Chatswood.

Price range: $12-20

Kitty 


Address:
Takeru Japanese Cuisine
Shop 10, Victoria Plaza Shop,
369 Victoria Avenue
Chatswood NSW 2067

Phone: (02) 9412 1203 

No comments:

Post a Comment